Bali is an Indonesian Island located just east of Java. It was initially a surfer’s paradise, and now it is a popular tourist destination in Southeast Asia. This ancient island is now a mix of tourist areas and traditional culture. There are many different ways to experience Bali, depending on what you want to get out of your trip.
The different areas of Bali will appeal to different people depending on the type of trip that they are planning. Southern, Central, Eastern, and Western Bali have their own personalities and beauties for those who visit there.
The southern coast of Bali is the tourist mecca of the island. This area of the island is where you will find tourist hotels, lively nightlife, and the best bars. Various cities in southern Bali will lend themselves to having great offerings for those looking to have the tourist experience.
● Canggu- This is one of the more laid-back towns in this region.
It has the “surfer” vibe in places like Venice Beach, California, and Bondi Beach in Sydney.
Canggu is where digital nomads and entrepreneurs choose to live so that they can enjoy artisan beers and organic restaurants.
● Seminyak- A southern Bali town with major resort hotels, high-end villas, and the hippest beach bars.
If you are looking for a modern-day vacation in Southeast Asia, this is the area for you.
● Jimbaran- This town is dotted with white sand beaches and 5-star resorts.
Jimbaran is a great town for kids and families because many Bali beaches have rough seas and black volcanic sand.
● Uluwatu/Padang Padang- A surfer’s paradise in the center of Southern Bali.
These beaches are situated on the Bukit Peninsula, and experienced surfers should only ride the waves here.
● Nusa Dua- This area of Bali sits on the southernmost tip of the island, and the beaches here are considered the best in Bali.
There are two distinct areas in this part of Bali; the resort area and the town of Tanjung Benoa, with its local shops and restaurants.
The central region of Bali is far more than just the island’s geographical center. Bali’s cultural, historical, and spiritual center is in the central region. It shows in the natural beauty of this region and the ancient traditions that locals still practice to this day.
● Ubud- For decades, this town was a sleepy artist village that transformed into a little metropolis.
This town’s rice terraces and mountains form the backdrop and base for exploring Bali’s temples and museums.
This section of Bali has a down-to-earth atmosphere. It is far more toned down than, say, southern Bali.
● Tulamben– Known for its scuba diving. There isn’t much else to offer in this area. In the sea, just off the coast, is the wreckage of the USS Liberty. This town is also the perfect jumping-off point for those headed to the Gili Islands.
● Sanur– This town is the perfect area for family trips. The beach of this mellow town is surrounded by a picturesque coral reef that keeps the waters calmer and shallower, creating a perfect place for the kids to play. It is also home to the largest children’s playground and café, Peekaboo.
Western Bali is the most representative of what “real” Bali is. Most of it is mountains, volcanoes, rice paddies, and tourist-free.
● Balian Beach– Balian Beach is considered more of a “secret spot” in Eastern Bali because few tourists venture there. This black sand beach offers great surfing and beautiful coves to explore with the kids.
● Nyanyi-The rural area of this section of Bali.
If you are traveling here, you will want to see the UNESCO Heritage Site of JatiLuwih rice terraces, the Tanah Lot Temple, and Mount Batukaru. You will want to surround yourself with nature and the history of Bali here.
Bali has something to offer everyone.
No matter what type of trip you are looking to take and who is going on the trip, Bali has what you want.
Take the time to do a little research and figure out what will work best for you.
Taking this time will make your trip to Bali perfect and unforgettable.
If you’re ready to relax and find your Zen in Bali, reach out to us HERE to get started!
Our bespoke itineraries are uniquely designed to completely immerse you in your destination, with delightfully unexpected surprises along the way.
We have a special passion for all things culinary—and we would love to introduce you to your destination’s distinct (and delicious!) food and wine traditions through one-of-a-kind culinary experiences. The best part? You won’t have to do a thing except relax, recharge, and create memories that last a lifetime!
COPYRIGHT © PREMIERE LUXURY TRAVEL 2020
DESIGNED BY GIRLBOSS DESIGNER
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Premiere Luxury Travel LLC is an independent affiliate of Montecito Village Travel - a Virtuoso member. Montecito Village Travel is registered with the following state licenses:
CA Seller of Travel Registration No. 2019108-10, FL Seller of Travel Registration No. ST38624
Subscribe to receive my weekly newsletter filled with the latest luxury travel news and insider tips!
TRAVEL with us