When we talk about the land “down under,” most people think of Australia. But there is another incredible country that should be on your radar. After more than two years of isolation, I’m happy to report that New Zealand is now open again for travelers (vaccinated ones, that is)!
With nearly 1.5 million residents, Auckland is the country’s largest city, full of personality and diversity. If you’re looking for somewhere exciting to go to on your next vacation, Auckland is the place to be. Why, do you ask? Below are some of the top reasons you shouldn’t miss the opportunity to visit this magnificent city.
1. There’s a myriad of daring adventures to be had. Helicopter rides, hiking, motorbiking, kayaking, and bungee jumping are just a few of the popular activities within the city.
2. You’ll find the city is brimming with natural beauty. Preserved parks, stunning gardens, sandy beaches, volcanoes, and beautiful alpine forests, make up most of Auckland.
3. The coastlines will leave you breathless. Auckland is almost entirely enclosed by vast waters, creating amazing coastlines nearly everywhere.
4. You must explore Waiheke Island. The island isn’t just sandy white beaches with huge rocks blanked in greenery. It’s full of art galleries, vineyards, and flavorful wines.
5. The zoo is an exciting adventure. You can visit over 1400 animals (135 species) at the city zoo. Many of them are native to New Zealand.
6. Some of the most excellent restaurants are in Auckland. There are many award-winning restaurants and eateries throughout the city. You must try foods authentic to the nation, such as a Hangi dish or Lolly cake.
7. From the Auckland Art Gallery to the smaller galleries downtown, there’s a lot of art to experience. Walking through the city, you’ll get to view a variety of street art, murals, and Maori treasures being sold all over.
8. Beautiful panoramic views everywhere you go. No matter where you are, there’s an extraordinary panoramic view to be admired. The Sky Tower is the most stunning of them all.
9. There are incredible markets open every day of the week. There are many diverse marketplaces throughout Auckland. Make sure you check them out for some great souvenirs.
10. The city has some of the nation’s biggest ports and harbors. As the “City of Sails,” you’ll undoubtedly notice the abundance of ports, harbors, and maritime activities.
11. You can reach the best destinations by leaving from Auckland. Just a few hours north of Auckland is the Bay of Islands, while in other directions, you can reach Hobbiton and Waitomo Caves, Rotorua, and the Coromandel Peninsula.
Are you ready for your exploration of Auckland? Feel free to reach us by THIS LINK so we can begin planning!
Our bespoke itineraries are uniquely designed to completely immerse you in your destination, with delightfully unexpected surprises along the way.
We have a special passion for all things culinary—and we would love to introduce you to your destination’s distinct (and delicious!) food and wine traditions through one-of-a-kind culinary experiences. The best part? You won’t have to do a thing except relax, recharge, and create memories that last a lifetime!
COPYRIGHT © PREMIERE LUXURY TRAVEL 2020
DESIGNED BY GIRLBOSS DESIGNER
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Premiere Luxury Travel LLC is an independent affiliate of Montecito Village Travel - a Virtuoso member. Montecito Village Travel is registered with the following state licenses:
CA Seller of Travel Registration No. 2019108-10, FL Seller of Travel Registration No. ST38624
Subscribe to receive my weekly newsletter filled with the latest luxury travel news and insider tips!