The Game of Thrones has gained impressive popularity over the years. Dubrovnik, Croatia, is the lovely city where the production of the show takes place. The land has a rich culture, and these five places are top attractions for fan visitors.
1. The Jesuit Stairs – These famous Baroque stairs appeared in Season Five of the series during the infamous ‘Walk of Shame’ scene. The stairs extend from Gundulic Square to St. Ignatius Church and embrace Spanish architecture. The iconic scene catapulted the location’s popularity and has become a frequently visited landmark. The view from the top is charming and gives you a great view of the city.
2. Fort Lovrijenac – This area is often referred to as St. Lawrence Fortress and is a theater located on the outskirts of the western walls of the Old Town in Dubrovnik. The interior of the fortress is used for filming the halls of the ‘Red Keep’ while the exterior captures Blackwater Bay. Visitors are welcome to navigate the fort and experience the ancient history that lies within.
3. City Walls – The amazing City Walls of Dubrovnik were a major deciding factor with producers when selecting Dubrovnik to shoot this beloved series. Countless scenes feature the Medieval style walls, including some near the Narrow Sea and many private walks taken on the show. You can take a tour of the walls for a small fee. There are three main entrances, and while taking the tour, you will get a chance to see Lovrijenac Fortress and capture beautiful views of the Adriatic Sea.
4. Trsteno Arboretum – This site is a major filming location, known as the Kings Landing and Red Keep’s Garden on the show. It’s located 10 miles from Dubrovnik. The park is stunning and encapsulates the privacy that’s represented in the series. It’s one of the oldest arboretums in the world, and the hedges combined with the floral selections are immaculate.
5. Island of Lokrum – This island is located 600 meters from the city and is home to the famous ‘Iron Throne.’ The throne is housed in the Visitors Center and is free for spectators. You are welcome to pose and snap a few pics sitting on the throne if you’d like. Other Game of Thrones points of interest in Lokrum include the botanical gardens (located off the coast) featured in the city of Quarth as well as the monastery.
The essence of the show is everywhere in Dubrovnik. As you walk the streets, you will surely recognize details and signature scenes from the series.
Whether you’re a fan of the show or not, Croatia has so much beauty to offer as one of the few European countries open to U.S. travelers right now. Contact Premiere Luxury Travel HERE to start planning your Croatia adventure!
Our bespoke itineraries are uniquely designed to completely immerse you in your destination, with delightfully unexpected surprises along the way.
We have a special passion for all things culinary—and we would love to introduce you to your destination’s distinct (and delicious!) food and wine traditions through one-of-a-kind culinary experiences. The best part? You won’t have to do a thing except relax, recharge, and create memories that last a lifetime!
COPYRIGHT © PREMIERE LUXURY TRAVEL 2020
DESIGNED BY GIRLBOSS DESIGNER
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Premiere Luxury Travel LLC is an independent affiliate of The Gifted Travel Network - a Virtuoso member. Gifted Travel Network, Inc is registered with the following state licenses: CA Seller of Travel Registration No. 2113317-40, WA Seller of Travel Unified Business ID (UBI) # 603 308 394. FL Seller of Travel Registration No. ST39093
Subscribe to receive my weekly newsletter filled with the latest luxury travel news and insider tips!